Find a Therapist
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (LMHC) and LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR (LPC) are trained to diagnose and provide individual and group counseling. They cannot prescribe medications.
Type of Therapist
What type of mental health professional is the therapist?
• Child/Adolescent Psychiatrist
• Clinical Psychologist
• Clinical Social Worker
• Licensed Professional Counselor
• Mental Health Counselor
Who are they licensed by- state, county, etc.
• For what purpose are they licensed
• Date of most recent licensing
How many years has the therapist been actively treating persons with BPD?
What treatment approach for BPD do they use?
• Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
• Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
• Psychoanalytic Treatment
• Mentalization (MBT)
• Transference Focused Therapy (TFP)
• General Psychiatric Management
• Medication Management
What forms of therapy offered?
• individual therapy
How often is each form of therapy offered per week?
What are the cost factors?
How often will we be billed?
What are the terms of payment?
What funding is accepted: Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance, self-pay?
Can they explain charges and billing procedures?
Do you advise regarding potential Social Security benefits?
(Source: National Education Alliance Borderline personality Disorder)